Parents » Health


Creekside Health Procedures

PUSD Health Services Website has information and required forms for Medication, Asthma, Diabetes, and information about required Immunizations.  

Health Technician

Brooke Conrad (858-391-1514 ext. 2101) is our Health Technician who administers first aid and responds to emergencies. Parents are notified if their student shows signs of illness or has had an injury at school. 

Health Checkup for K-1st grade.  The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program is a state-mandated program which requires that all students entering first-grade receive specific health screenings within 18 months prior to or 90 days after entry into first grade. CHDP forms are included in the kindergarten Enrollment packets or click the PUSD Health Services Website link above. TK students should complete CHDP requirements in their second year of Kindergarten to be in compliance with the 18 month mandate.

Dental Checkup Requirement for Kindergarten.  California law requires that all children entering public school for the first time (kindergarten or first grade) are required to have a dental check-up.  Oral health evaluations that occurred within the 12 months prior to school entry also meet this requirement.  Click the PUSD Health Services website for the form.

Keeping Everyone Healthy

It is recommended that if your student has any one or more Covid-related symptoms (congestion or runny nose, sore throat, headache, fever, chills, cough, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell) that they test negative and have symptoms improving before returning to school.  Please remember that PUSD Guidelines state that your child must be fever, vomit diarrhea-free for 24 hours before returning to school.

If a student appears to be ill or uncomfortable to adequately function in a classroom setting, they should stay home.

Students With Injuries

Students who come to school with a cast, brace, crutches or other visible support for an injury will have limited playground and Physical Education activities.  If there are activities that your child's doctor approves, please obtain a form from the health office so the doctor can authorize those activities.  Without this form we will do our best to determine the proper activity level to ensure your child's injury continues to heal.


Whenever possible, medication should be administered at home.  Parents have the option to personally administer medication to their child at any time during the school day.  If a student needs medication during the school day, the following procedure must be followed, according to Ed Code:

  • Complete an Authorization for Medication Administration (form H-26) HERE for prescriptions, over the counter, and herbal medication.  The form requires signatures by both the parent and the student’s physician.  The physician must be licensed in the state of California.
  • The completed form should be given to the Health Technician at the same time as you deliver the medication.
  • Prescription medication must be in a pharmacy-labeled container stating the student’s full name, medication name, proper dosage, and time to be given.
  • Over-the-counter medication (i.e. Benadryl, Tylenol, or herbal medication) must be in original container clearly labeled with student’s name.
  • Sunscreen and Throat Lozenges/Cough Drops may be administered to preschool/elementary school students with parent authorization only by completing and signing the top portion of the form H-26 HERE. A physician signature is not required.  All products must be in original packaging and labeled with the student’s name.
  • Epi-pens and Epinephrine Auto-injectors:  Have your child's doctor complete the form H-58 Life Threatening Allergy Plan found on the PUSD website (link above).  A parent's signature is also required.
  • Asthma:  If your child needs an inhaler at school, have your child's doctor complete the Asthma Action Plan found on the PUSD website (link above). A parent's signature is also required.
  • ESS and Medication:  Health Technician and ESS Coordinator can communicate and share forms.  However, you must provide separate containers of medication for each location.


Please check the expiration date on all medication you provide to the school site and update this medication as needed.